I included this information as a comment in my Portals, Portals, Everywhere post, but I think it's important enough to make a separate blog post about it.
I've learned a few new things about portals. I'm seeing a spiritual counselor named Raven Many Voices (in Everett, WA) whom is incredibly gifted. As I told her about my portal creations, she had some words of advice I think we should all heed (if you're going to create portals).
1. Portals attract attention of many different beings.
2. Some beings will take over portals as their own if not protected. This can be very undesirable...
3. Pay attention to where you actually put a portal (you don't want one in your bedroom if you want to get rest and you don't want your family and animals perturbed).
4. Set the intention that only beings which follow Sacred Universal Law are allowed to pass through. Not all beings follow this law (but all must follow it if you require it), and you really don't want just anyone/anything coming through.
5. In the case of portals to specific places (I have a Pleiadian and Arcturus portal on my property), make sure that the beings on the other end agree to guard the entrance on both ends, or ask for angels to do this for you. This will prevent the possibility of the portal being taken over.
6. Don't hesitate to ask archangels to clean up your mess if things don't go as planned... They are happy to do it. :)
7. Sasquatch are portal users and portal creators, and by you creating portals they will likely check you out to make sure you aren't screwing stuff up. That's already happened for me, and I guess I checked out okay. Also, don't invite all beings into your home. In the case of Sasquatch people, they like messy homes, and may actually destroy your home in the process. I'm sure other beings could do all kinds of unexpected things.
As I was cleaning up my portal creations, I also went through my home and made sure there were no old portals, sitting around forgotten. We're talking things like portals in closets... I know there was one in my daughters bedroom when she was little, so if the angels didn't do away with it back then (which I asked them to do), it's gone now.
When in doubt, ask for angelic assistance. :)