Tzolkin Guide with current Wavespells Dates

by Mariela Maya

Tzolkin Wavespells – A Practical Tool for Conscious Evolution

For the last couple of years, I have been sharing messages every 13 days with the beginning of each Wavespell. My blog was launched with the Wavespell of the Red Serpent on July 22, 2010 and, during the first cycle, I wrote basic information on the energies themselves. Since April 8, 2011, when the second cycle started, I continued sharing the energies in the same sequence, but in a more practical way, using books, stories, interviews, trips and personal experiences related to each Wavespell.

This article serves as a basic guideline on how to read, understand, connect and use the Wavespells energies daily. I added links to my website in several concepts below in case you want to continue exploring. If you are just becoming familiar with the fascinating Tzolkin world, I do recommend reading first this entire message and take your time to continue researching. Otherwise, I am sure it will be quite overwhelming to start with!

What is a Wavespell?

Based on the modern version of the Tzolkin, the Sacred Mayan Calendar, a Wavespell is a wonderful tool that provides valuable information to get connected with our own essence as a way of self-reflection and increasing awareness. It gives us insights that help us to shift our perception through a deeper understanding of who we truly are and what we want to create in our lives. In other words, it helps us to remember why we are here!

The Tzolkin is a cycle of 260 days consisting of 20 energies (Solar Seals or archetypes) by 13 actions (Lunar Tones or tones of creation). Each day has a unique combination of energies that affects a specific part of our being. The cycle is perpetual, which means that it repeats itself over and over again. It can be seen as a spiral shape: each time a cycle ends, we move forward into the next level of evolution. This cycle also has the same length of a pregnancy (human gestation) so, by following it daily, we are constantly experiencing a conscious re-birth.

A great way to learn how to use the Tzolkin and sync with the daily energies is by following the Wavespells. A Wavespell, or Trecena in its original name, is a sequence of thirteen days in which we are invited to work on certain qualities. The underlying theme is determined by the energy of the day that initiates the Wavespell. In other words, the first day of a Wavespell will set the Purpose for the following thirteen days.

How do I follow it?

Each of the 20 energies of the Tzolkin initiates a Wavespell of 13 days. A Tzolkin cycle starts with the Wavespell of the Red Dragon and ends with the Wavespell of the Yellow Star, always following the same sequence. Considering it is a 260 days cycle, its beginning will fall on a different date in the Gregorian calendar. Thischart shows the Wavespells for the current cycle (5/29/12 to 1/31/13) indicating what we are invited to work on within each thirteen day period.

From my own experience when I first became familiar with it in 1999, it may sound complicated at first as there are several layers coexisting simultaneously. My suggestion is to avoid trying to grasp the technical concepts or understand it from a logical perspective. Just play! Have fun with it and open yourself up to the possibility to get in tune with the energies for them to flow through you. The more you enjoy the process and let the messages resonate with you, the clearer it will all become with time. And here is the paradox: as complex as it seems, it helps in reality to gain clarity and simplicity during our awakening path. It is truly a magical tool for conscious evolution!

You can use that chart to know which Wavespell we are transiting in order to get in tune with the energies at any time. And, whenever a Wavespell starts, I encourage you to read the message and see what resonates with you, connect with it, breathe it and feel it. Reading the message and reflecting on it is the first step but, what makes it truly powerful, is putting it into practice in our own lives daily!

I invite you to check your Oracle of Birth in the Daily Tzolkin to know in which Wavespell you were born (click on the right tab ‘Select Another Date’, type your date of birth and click the search button). Our Wavespell of Birth represents the Purpose of why we are here.

I hope it helps to transform your life as it did with mine!

In Lak’esh,

Mariela Maya
Yellow Electric Star

+1 (832) 454-3113

www.mayankin.com

In Lak’esh means “I am another yourself!”, a Mayan greeting that recognizes the Divine in each living Being. It’s a message of Unity that reminds us that, when we give, we are also receiving. In this way, the Mayan honored and respected each other, reinforcing the belief that we are all interconnected: what we do to others and to our environment will also affect ourselves in the end…

I invite you to subscribe to the series of messages on Wavespells sent every 13 days. You can read what it is about by clicking on Subscribing to? and, for additional information, please visit my website.

To follow the daily energies, please visit the Daily Tzolkin.

Note: this article is part of the message published for the Wavespell of the Red Skywalker on July 20, 2012