Loving starts with me. If you don’t love yourself, nobody else will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.
Notice each day whether you are choosing to live in fear or love. Fear can keep you disconnected from the loving presence inside of you. Causing fear is a tactic of the ego, whether it be your own ego or the world’s ego. The world’s ego is a reflection of individual ego power and the amount of fear that is active.
Fear is present when we forget that we are a part of God’s divine design. Learning to experience authentic love means abandoning ego’s insistence that you have much to fear and that you are in an unfriendly world. You can make the decision to be free from fear and doubt and return to the brilliant light of love that is always with you. Who you really are is that unclouded love.
Here are some ideas for bringing love rather than fear into your life:
- Remind yourself that God created you in perfect love that is changeless and eternal. Your body is changing, as is your mind, so you are not that body or mind. You were created as a spirit that is pure love. That is where you want to keep your attention focused.
- Forgive yourself and welcome love back into your life. When you can do this, a kind of balancing occurs. Rather than atoning for faults with guilt, you are more committed to promoting joy and service. You will begin to do what you originally came here to do.
- Notice the acts of kindness other people do rather than their shortcomings. This is how the loving presence views you. We are all good, decent, loving souls who occasionally get lost. When you can focus on the good in another and hold that in your mind, you are acting from your higher self. This can help dissipate fear and anger.
- Remind yourself of how much you have to give away and of how precious and valuable your giving is. You have the same force running through you that allows the planets to move, the earth to turn, the seeds to sprout, and the flowers to open. There is not a separate God for each person. There is one universal intelligence flowing through all of us.
- Accept that you are enough. When ego begins trying to attract you toward fear, say loudly, “I am enough!” You do not need to be anything you are not. You do not need to prove yourself. You do not need to indulge your ego with fears and to keep your real self at a distance. “I am enough” affirms that you choose to love and chase doubts and fears away.
Love today and always,
This Thing Called Love!
As we approach Valentine’s Day (do not forget to memorialize this day if you are in a committed or important relationship!), I thought it might be helpful for us to look at this business of love as it is seen in the eyes of God, from what I have come to understand as a result of the Conversations with God dialogues.
Let me quote directly from CWG-Book One:
“For thousands of years people have disbelieved the promises of God for the most extraordinary reason: they were too good to be true. So you have chosen a lesser promise – a lesser love. For the highest promise of God proceeds from the highest love. Yet you cannot conceive of a perfect love, and so a perfect promise is also inconceivable. As is a perfect person. Therefore you cannot believe even in your Self.
Failing to believe in any of this means failure to believe in God. For belief in God produces belief in God’s greatest gift --- unconditional love --- and God’s greatest promise: unlimited potential.”
From these messages I have inferred that we all have the potential to express and experience a love that is unlimited. Or, if you please, unconditional. And now, as I enter what is presumably the final portion of my time on Earth, this is the great goal of my life. I want to express and experience more of that.
I’ve expressed unconditional love before in my life, of course. I’ve experienced it with newborn babies, and with my parents (especially when they were older) and with certain other people in my life --- my children, my life partners, my dear friends…but not always consistently, and not nearly with as many people as I would have liked.
I want to get to a place where I love everybody without limitation. I am convinced that it is possible for me, even as a mere human, to rise to this level of loving expression much more often. Perhaps, one day, always, and with everyone.
As CWG says...
“Love is the ultimate reality. It is the only. The all. The feeling of love is your experience of God. In highest Truth, love is all there is, all there was, and all there ever will be.
“When you move into the absolute, you move into love. The realm of the relative was created in order that God might experience Himself. This has already been explained. This does not make the realm of the relative real. It is a created reality you and God have devised and continue to devise --- in order that we may know ourselves experientially.”
And what does God want us to know ourselves as? As Who We Really Are. Which is to say, as aspects and individuations of Divinity. And what is Divinity, in two words? Unconditional Love.
“God has produced an environment in which you may choose to be God, rather than simply be told that you are God; in which you may experience God as an act of creation, rather than a conceptualization; in which the little candle in the sun can know itself as the light,” CWG-Book One says.
“Fear is the other end of love. It is the primal polarity. In creating the realm of the relative, God first created the opposite of Himself. Now, in the realm of the relative in which you live on the physical plane, there are only two places of being: fear and love. Thoughts rooted in fear will produce one kind of manifestation on the physical plane. Thoughts rooted in love will produce another.
“The Masters who have walked the planet are those who have discovered the secret of the relative world --- and refused to acknowledge its reality. In short, Masters are those who have chosen only love. In every instance, moment, and circumstance. Even as they were being killed, they loved their murderers. Even as they were being persecuted, they loved their oppressors.
“This is very difficult for you to understand, much less emulate. Nevertheless, it is what every Master has ever done. It doesn’t matter what the philosophy, tradition, or religion --- it is what every Master has done.”
Then we are told in this wonderful dialogue with God...
“This is being laid out so clearly for you. Time and time again, over and over has it been shown to you. Through all the ages and through all your lifetimes. The universe has used every contrivance to place this Truth before you. In song and story, in poetry and dance, in words and in motion --- in pictures of motion, which you call motion pictures, and in collections of words, which you call books.
“From the highest mountain it has been shouted, in the lowest place its whisper has been heard. Through the corridors of all human experience has this Truth been echoed: Love is the answer.”
And indeed it is. This Valentine’s Day, and all the days of the rest of your life, I invite you to live into a love that is limitless, total, complete, without requirements, expectations, or conditions of any kind. Let this be humanity’s new Cultural Story: We Are All One. Love is all there is.
Have a wonderful week pulling together your Valentine’s Day surprise for your Beloved Other!
© 2013 ReCreation Foundation - http://www.cwg.org - Neale Donald Walsch is a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. His With God series of books has been translated into 27 languages, touching millions of lives and inspiring important changes in their day-to-day lives.